Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Bike ride through Cambridgeshire, UK.



It was a real feat getting myself and 2 bicycles to the UK. It was a little more expensive than I thought. Because I've never done anything like this before, I did not think of all the contingencies... Hidden costs, like the import tax, that sort of thing...I went through a company I found through Adventure Cycling Association's web site. The cost was less than paying the airlines AND the bikes were delivered right to my accomodation. So, I didn't have to try and put together a couple of bikes in the airport or try to get two huge boxes into a taxi. At any rate after two weeks of getting the bikes and gear all together we were off.

We did a short 5 day test ride on one of the UKs National Cycle Network (NCN)routes getting the kinks out of the system and sorting gear. I'll be posting more about the NCN as the summer goes on.



Just a short jaunt around Cambridgshire, England. It's somewhat flat and my partner had NEVER EVER toured before. The brits are doing a nice job of putting together national routes. Some sections are traffic free.





I'll be exploring more of that as the summer goes on.

Labels:

1 Comments:

At May 7, 2011 at 2:21 PM , Blogger susankay said...

OK Robin -- here's your first comment on your first blog post. (I have a blog too but never get around to posting much of anything on it.)
also -- in case you do not immediately recognize me I'm the St. Marksian from the Mancos Womens Group.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home