Saturday, September 15, 2012


Leaving London
The bike is ready to go. If all goes well I'll be on a train headed for the coast tomorrow. Of course I need to find my way to Victoria Station downtown first. What could go wrong? It's only London...Not a grid city. More like a tightly connected tangle of small villages and townships woven together with narrow streets, busy avenues, and roughly 11 million people all trying to get somewhere at the same time in one hell of a hurry.   
I have decided to take the ferry across from Newhaven to Dieppe in France and pedal to Paris. There is a new cycle route that connects London to Paris by way of the ferry. The Avenue Verte is said to be mostly off road all the way, at least on the French side. Guess I'll find out. It's about 180 miles and ends at Notre Dame.
I've discovered 2 great bike shops in London (there are many more I'm sure). First, Phil and Paul at www.bicyclemaintenancecompany.co.uk were awesome and the good folks brixtoncycles.co.uk were also very helpful. 
Anyway, I'm off tomorrow.....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home