Sunday, May 6, 2012

Planning, planning, planning......

I have 3 months to plan this trip.  By the way, my next ride? Paris to Morocco with a stop in northern Spain to walk the Camino Santiago Compostela.  Not a bad time frame really... But you know what they say about "plans". It's a good way to make God laugh...
I read an article in Adventure Cycling Magazine (adventurecycling.org) about how to put together a 2 year gap. Among other things is to sell most of one's stuff. I have been thinning down for years. I just can't figure out where all the new crap comes from. Anyway, I just went through a large black heavy duty plastic box in the garage. I have no fewer than 3 tents, 3 stoves, headlamps, back-country ski skins, shovel, probe and beacon. Not to mention the MSR droms and a bunch of other stuff.
There's a gold mine in there! 
My landlady just informed me that I should find another place for the summer. There is nothing like a little pressure to get one moving forward. It's May 6. I have until June 1.
If you read my "about" page, you would know I have some pretty bad anxiety to begin with. I've gotten much better about preventing my own panic attacks. Action, a strong spirituality that includes prayer and meditation and some good supportive, loving friends help ALOT!!!!
Instead of panic, I went into action sorting stuff. I am going to have one heck of a garage sale.
And this little post does not even begin to look at all the hours looking at maps on the Internet, reading through forums, posting onto forums, reading guide books etc etc...
It's funny I tend to think of myself as somewhat impulsive at times. 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home