Thursday, October 25, 2012

Dedication of my Camino


I have decided to dedicate my Camino to my mother. She instilled in me a sense of curiosity and adventure. Without this I probably would not be here. My mother is one of the most intelligent and curious people I have ever known. Mom, if you are reading this I know that you would find northern Spain fascinating and beautiful. If you could, you would do this walk and so would dad I´m sure.You could probably give me a good lesson in much of the history here.
As some of you may know, I have left my bicycle in Leon and am now walking the rest of the way to Santiago. Cycling certainly has its merits. It´s not as hard on the body for one thing, it´s a more efficient use of energy, it´s faster and most importantly I can carry a lot more food. I seem to be hungry all the time and some of these rural mountain villages don´t offer much beyond dry sandwiches and the typical "pilgrim menu" but more on that later. I´m not complaining as I still maintain that anytime I get to eat anything and drink some clean water is an awesome day. I don´t take that for granted as most of the world has not much to eat and a greater majority do not have clean water. In fact, in honor of clean water, I am going to reserve some at the monestary alburge where I am staying by not taking a shower. I had one yesterday. That´s my future revenge for the old guy in the next bunk who will be snoring his way into nirvanna tonight while I lie awake thinking up ways to.....never mind.
But I digress. I am grateful it´s not raining at the moment and I have a place to sleep. Life is good, Spain is fabulous and even though my feet are killing me, I get to do this.
Thanks again for reading this. I´m still trying to sort out the photo thing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home