Robin on the Road in Trerice Cornwall, UK

Robin on the Road in Trerice Cornwall, UK
Robin on the Road in Trerice Cornwall, UK

Thursday, October 25, 2012

Dedication of my Camino


I have decided to dedicate my Camino to my mother. She instilled in me a sense of curiosity and adventure. Without this I probably would not be here. My mother is one of the most intelligent and curious people I have ever known. Mom, if you are reading this I know that you would find northern Spain fascinating and beautiful. If you could, you would do this walk and so would dad I´m sure.You could probably give me a good lesson in much of the history here.
As some of you may know, I have left my bicycle in Leon and am now walking the rest of the way to Santiago. Cycling certainly has its merits. It´s not as hard on the body for one thing, it´s a more efficient use of energy, it´s faster and most importantly I can carry a lot more food. I seem to be hungry all the time and some of these rural mountain villages don´t offer much beyond dry sandwiches and the typical "pilgrim menu" but more on that later. I´m not complaining as I still maintain that anytime I get to eat anything and drink some clean water is an awesome day. I don´t take that for granted as most of the world has not much to eat and a greater majority do not have clean water. In fact, in honor of clean water, I am going to reserve some at the monestary alburge where I am staying by not taking a shower. I had one yesterday. That´s my future revenge for the old guy in the next bunk who will be snoring his way into nirvanna tonight while I lie awake thinking up ways to.....never mind.
But I digress. I am grateful it´s not raining at the moment and I have a place to sleep. Life is good, Spain is fabulous and even though my feet are killing me, I get to do this.
Thanks again for reading this. I´m still trying to sort out the photo thing.

No comments: