Friday, June 12, 2015

Miles vs Days

AND NOT A SINGLE BUNGEE!

According to the Adventure cycling maps at my disposal, it is approximately 1,221.5 miles from San Francisco to Dolores Colorado. That is  IF I follow their route to the letter, or the mile as the case may be. 
I am hoping to arrive in Durango (which is about another 25 miles from Dolores) on the 26th of July plus or minus a day or two. There are 43 days between the 13th of June and the 26th of July. Having said that, according to my math (which is not very accurate) I need to average about 28.4 miles a day. That, of course would mean riding every day without a day off in order to reach my goal. That seems a very tall order.
To date,  I've replaced the front caliper and rotor (brake), the rear cassette (gear ring assembly) and chain, put new tires on the bike and even found some better shoes. So, it's time to just pack the bike and go.
And what's the one thing I really need and don't have? One gosh darn bungee! Where am I supposed to put the ukulele?
Until next time,
Thanks for reading.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home